Friday, December 28, 2012

Sugared Almonds--Yum!

Sugared Almonds


These almonds were one of the most amazing, quick and easy projects that I made through the Christmas season.  Now that it's over (Thank God!) I'm able to share this with you.

I realize they look unappetizing on this pan, but trust me. 
 
 
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups raw almonds
 
Preheat oven 350 F.  Bring first five ingredients to a boil on stovetop, stirring often.  When it starts to carmelize and get nice and thick and gooey, throw in your almonds.  Stir them in on low heat for about a minute.  Then put them on a pan lined with wax paper or parchment paper in the oven for about 10 minutes.  Let cool, and enjoy their awesomeness.
 
I gave these to my dad for a Christmas gift, but everybody else enjoyed them too!  Try them out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment