Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Gifts for the Grands!

OK, so first off, Pinterest has inspired me to write a blog.  I've been loving all the things people post, so I thought I would share a few of my own. 

First off, I wanted to share the Sharpie Mug that I found HERE, with a little twist of our own.  Because it's Christmas, we decided to make a few gifts (that I hope no grands are seeing here...) for the Grandparents!!!  My son had fun making them, but got tired by the fifth one.  Suggestion:  Don't inflict all of them on your children at once.

So anyway, here's my version:


 
Everything's done with a Sharpie Metallic Permanent Marker.  I drew the snowflakes for embellishment and wrote my son's names on it.  The plate cost $1, and the markers were $3, but I used them for both projects.
 
 
And here's my son, Cole's version:
 
 
Not bad for a four year old, right?  The cups cost $1.25 and the markers were again, $3.
 
 
I have read that they're not dishwasher safe unless you use oil based Sharpies.  Hand wash only.
 
 
 
Instructions:
 
Draw in any design or color you want.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Your kitchen will smell a little funny (at least mine did, haven't read that anybody else's dishes smelled weird.)  Be creative and enjoy!  I'm sure this will work for holidays, birthdays, etc.  A great memento for any grandparent or parent!  *Mother's and Father's Day will work well, too, I'm sure.*





No comments:

Post a Comment