Thursday, December 20, 2012

Knobby Dish Cloth

I love dish cloths.  They're practically free, reusable and you're always guaranteed they're clean.  I don't use mine any longer than two days.  Completely washable, and you can use it until they fall apart.

One thing I ran into was not having enough "scrubbies" on it like you would a sponge.  I still have a scrubber for heavy duty messes, but I find my dishcloths are good for all sorts of things (kid faces, cleaning the table/counters/dishes, etc.)

So here's my pattern to create the Knobby Dish Cloth in Double Crochet.

ch-chain
sc-single crochet
dc-double crochet
yo-yarn over

Row 1: Chain 20, Chain one more, turn.
Row 2: Sc 20,ch 2, turn
Row 3:  Half dc 6 times in one ch, yo, complete dc (pull yo through all six half dc), dc in next chain.  Repeat stitches until you reach the end of the row.  ch 1
Row 4: Sc 20, ch 2, turn.  Keep going until you've achieved the size you want.  I did a sc around the outside to finish it off.

A half double crochet is hard to explain without actually showing you.  Once you pull the yarn though once, instead of pulling it through again, you will dip back down into the same chain again, and it'll create a poof, giving you your "knobbies."  Leave me comments if you have questions, and I will try to answer the best I can.  Next up:  Single Crochet Knobby Dish Cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment